Sunday, 21 July 2013

The Wedding Cake Saga - Part 6 - Finishing Touches


This post will just be lots of pictures of the finished cake. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. There were no major disasters, and the cake is still standing today! I decorated the cake with a bunch of flowers I bought for £5 from Asda. I actually love the combination of colours from the roses and the other flowers (I've forgotten their name!) and the baby's breath, which I think is much nicer than just having one solid block of colour. Decorating the cake was the best bit. Piping the bead border too a bit of practise, but is easy once you get the hang of it (squeeze, stop, pull, squeeze, stop, pull!). The flowers really brought the whole cake together, and made it really look like a wedding cake. Overall I'm really pleased with the results!!











Part 7, final thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment